We wanted to reassure you that as a responsible company, we take all matters relating to the Coronavirus seriously and as such we wanted to update you on the measures and precautions we are taking to mitigate any risks associated with the virus.
Here at Newcastle Beds, we operate a very simple and straightforward delivery system. This is to ensure you have the best experience from start to finish. After placing your order we will contact you by phone within 24 hours. Please refer to the information below for any queries regarding the delivery process.
1. Having learned from experience, we do NOT use mainstream, national couriers for the majority of our items. We use an independent, specialist logistics partner, who takes far greater care in handling goods.
1.2 You will be informed of the likely approximate length of time until delivery at the point of order. Once your order is confirmed as available for delivery our logistics partner will contact you to agree definite arrangements for the date of delivery. Where possible we will deliver on the first available van in your area as we are unable to store your furniture. Every effort is made to see that the approximate delivery date is accurate, but on rare occasions the manufacture of your furniture may be delayed through circumstances beyond our control. We will, of course, make every effort to keep you informed.
1.3 Once a delivery date has been confirmed, cancellation within 48 hours of the delivery date will incur a re-delivery charge.
1.4 We will only deliver to ground floor, to first floor where access is easy, or to higher floors where there is an adequate lift. If delivery is required to higher floors and there is no lift or the lift is not big enough to take the products, we will deliver to ground floor only and ask that you get help in taking the products upstairs. Assembly is not available for our national orders.
1.5 We cannot accept liability if your product does not fit into your house, it is the responsibility of the customer to measure the doors, hallways and rooms to ensure the product fits. If the worst happens and it really won’t fit in, we will do our utmost to find a suitable solution.
1.6 If the goods are found to be either damaged or defective in any way at the time of delivery we will organise for a replacement or repair immediately depending on the situation. We cannot leave any products in the customer’s possession without full payment.
1.7 Should you not be available at the time of attempted delivery there will be a redelivery charge of £50. These also apply if we are unable to deliver the goods due to there being no safe means of access to the place of delivery.
Refunds & Return Policy:
If your purchase is unused & in its original packaging, you can return it to us within 14 days of delivery.
If you are cancelling your order you must email or in writing with your proof of purchase. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 28 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation and collect the Goods from your premises as soon as practicable. In this case, we will refund the price of the Goods in full, excluding the cost of delivery to you (if any).
If you’re not 100% happy with your new product, you can return it to us. The item must be in its original packaging and in unused condition. You must contact us by email on email@example.com to arrange your return within 14 days of receiving your goods. You will then have a further 14 days from this day to return the item(s) to us.
Any returns that have not been arranged will be refused.
After the item has been inspected, a full refund will be processed within 14 days of receiving your arranged return.
Newcastle Beds will not be liable for any costs of returning items to us.
The goods are only accepted for return have been wrapped in its original condition and are fit for sale on their return as they were on delivery.
Unwanted goods/wrongly ordered:
Goods will be collected at a charge of £30 per item. If you require an exchange there will also be a redelivery charge of £30. Goods must be returned in the original packaging they arrived in, in order to be collected.
Deposits are non refundable if order is cancelled after order is confirmed and deposit is taken.
The items will not be collected if they are not safely or sufficiently packed.
- All the firmness ratings advertised on our site for mattresses are given by us and are based on comparison of the different products we sell, if you wish to return an item due to it not meeting your firmness rating expectation a collection fee will be applicable of £30 per item. Fabric batches may vary that of colour – although the actual variation is often negligible or very slight. Some fabrics are most susceptible to this that of others. We cannot accept responsibility for fading or discolouration caused to by exposure to direct or indirect sunlight, wear-and-tear, bodily fluids and liquids. Different fabrics, dark or light are liable to fade or discolour at different rates. Only selected fabrics are suitable for washing – Please ask for details.
Damaged or Faulty Goods:
Damages must be reported of receipt of goods. In all cases goods must be repackaged sufficiently in order to collect or exchange. Please check all packages before signing "received in good condition". If any packages have any damage to them, please sign as "damaged" and refuse the delivery. If goods have been signed for and taken in and upon unpacking find that the goods are damaged we will organise for a replacement or repair immediately depending on the situation.
If after unpacking an item you find the item is faulty or damaged, we would require photographic evidence to prove this before we can proceed with a replacement/collection.
1.1 All products supplied by Newcastle Beds is covered by a 12 months manufacture warranty. Your statuary rights are unaffected. In accordance with the manufacture a 12 months warranty is covered from the sale date:
1.1.2 comply with description at the point of sale; and
1.1.3 are free from material defect at the time of delivery.
1.2 If you believe that we have delivered goods which are defective in material or workmanship, you must;
1.2.1 inform us (in writing) with full details, (as soon as possible); and
1.2.2 allow us to investigate. The defective part may be sent to the manufacture for further investigation (we may need access to your property) before a confirmation of a replacement or repair. Newcastle Beds will not offer a temporary replacement in the event your product is sent for investigation to the manufacture.
1.3 If the goods are found defective in material or workmanship (following our investigations), and you have complied with those conditions in full, we will (at our option) replace or repair the goods.
1.4 The manufacture does not cover wear-and-tear, misuse or accidental damage.
2. Under the Consumer rights act 2015, if you discover a manufacturing fault within the first six months, we will repair the item. If the item is un-repairable we will organise a replacement.
3. Newcastle Beds reserves the right to carry out an inspection of the goods in the confinements of your own home using an independent 3rd party company to assertion where the fault is situated.
4. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 if you discover a manufacturing fault after the first six months, it is your responsibility to prove to us that the item is faulty. If you can provide evidence that the item is faulty, we will repair the item. If the item is un-repairable we will organise a replacement.
Give us a shout if you have any other questions and/or concerns.
Phone: 0191 367 3247